Credit Union Online
Credit Union Online is a free service to Southern Mass Credit Union members. Credit Union Online provides access to your accounts from your computer at home, the office or on a mobile device. You can:
- View Free monthly eStatements
- Verify account balances
- Confirm deposits and checks cleared
- Transfer money between your SMCU accounts
- Access FinanceWorks® money management program
- View ATM, Point of Sale and Online transactions
- Make SMCU loan payments
- View account histories
- Retrieve year-end tax information
- Download account information to financial software packages
To sign up for CU Online, click the login button located at the top right of our website.
Enter your member number and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. Once setup you will be prompted to choose a new personal password to replace your social security digits. Upon completion follow the prompts to view your account information.
Electronic Bill Payment
SMCU Electronic Bill Payment (EBP) allows you to pay your bills (either one time or recurring payments) using your computer from the convenience of your home. Set up recurring payments or one-time payments. With EBP there's no need to purchase postage stamps or spend time going to the post office. Now, you can save time and money simply with the click of your mouse. You can pay most bills such as cable, telephone, doctor and retail credit cards.
To receive free EBP service, you must qualify for one of the following:
1. Receive EBP at no charge if you are age 65 or over, open a Senior Checking and register for Credit Union Online, or
2. Receive EBP at no charge if you are age 18 or over and set up the following services*:
- Register for Credit Union Online.
- Have a SMCU Checking Account.
- Receive eStatements. (should you change to paper statements after signing up for Bill Pay, the monthly Bill Pay fee will apply).
- Receive Direct Deposit to either a SMCU Checking or Regular Savings. If you are unable to receive Direct Deposit, we have a solution for you. You can still qualify to receive EBP at no charge by verifying you are unable to receive Direct Deposit.
*Please contact SMCU for disclosures and fee schedule. Some restrictions apply.
FinanceWorks is a free comprehensive financial tool available to SMCU members. View your complete financial picture from more than 16,000 financial institutions and credit card sites all on one convenient site-the Southern Mass Credit Union website.
Powered by Quicken®, the award-winning FinanceWorks management tool enables you to establish budget goals, see where your money is going, view all your paper checks and statements. Now you can access all your accounts at once so that you can get a better insight into your spending behavior and make better financial decisions to help you manage and save more money.
All of these tools, plus the ability to receive financial alerts via email, are available through one secure log-in to SMCU’s Credit Union Online banking website.
Enhanced Login Security
This feature is free, easy, and most importantly, gives you extra protection from fraud and identity theft.
SMCU's Enhanced Login Security (ELS) identifies you as the true "owner" of your accounts. Not only will your password be recognized, but your computer will be recognized as well.
ELS strengthens security at login by providing an additional end user authentication factor beyond name and password. This is accomplished by enrolling your computer(s) normally used to access Credit Union Online. Doing so helps protect you against someone trying to hack into your account. You can access Credit Union Online from another computer not yet enrolled by providing another piece of information to gain temporary access. Challenge Questions will be the temporary access method our system will utilize to allow you to access your accounts online.
Once your Challenge Questions and Answers are set up, you can then enable the ELS feature from your CU Online Account by activating it within the User Option menu. You may enroll as many computers as you wish.
ELS is just one more way to help prevent fraud, protect against identity theft, and strengthen your online security.
eAlerts service notifies you via email when you set up request to be notified when:
- Account balance levels greater or less than a certain dollar amount.
- Specific check number(s) that has cleared an account
- A maturity date coming due on an account.
Simply set up an email address where to receive an eAlert(s). You can view a summary screen which will display a brief summary of your current Alert(s) to add, edit or delete eAlerts.
To set up eAlerts, log into CU Online and click the eAlert button and follow the prompts. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your set up. Nore we will never ask for any personal information, PIN, Social Security Number, or require you to respond in any way to an email.
With EasyTouchTM telephone response line, you can obtain up-to-the-minute rate information, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Get account deposit and withdrawal information fast;
- Current account balances, dividends earned and interest paid to date;
- Transfer funds to and from SMCU accounts*;
- Make SMCU loan payments;
- Plus much more!
Use EasyTouch from the comfort of your home on any touch tone telephone. Members are automatically assigned a personal access code.
Here's how it works:
To access EasyTouchTM, dial (800) 770-7689 (within 508/617/781/978 area codes) or (508) 999-0904 and just follow the simple, step-by-step instructions.
*If you use the transfer option within EasyTouch, you will be subject to the Phone Transfer Fee set out in our Fee Schedule.