Southern Mass Credit Union Scholarship
The deadline for the 2019 SMCU Scholarship Application has passed. Thank you for your interest.
To be eligible you must be a 2019 graduating high school senior and meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of Southern Mass Credit Union (SMCU) in good standing.
- Be a 2019 graduating high school senior entering and/or enrolled in the first year of an undergraduate degree program or a vocational/technical program at an accredited college, university or vocational/technical school
- You may obtain a scholarship application from any SMCU office or download the 2019 Scholarship Application.
- You must complete the application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- You must not live in the same household or be an immediate family member of an officer, director or employee of Southern Mass Credit Union.
There will be five (5) scholarships awarded in the amount of $1,000.00 each.
Selection of recipients:
- If possible, the credit union will verify if an applicant meets the qualifications prior to award. Unqualified and incomplete applications will be ineligible.
- All applications must be postmarked or hand delivered to a SMCU Office by March 30, 2019. Any application postmarked or hand delivered after this date will be ineligible.
- Five recipients will be selected from the qualified applications received.
- Recipients/winners of the scholarships will be notified in writing by May 15, 2019.
Payment of Scholarship
Each scholarship will be awarded to the recipient following the Credit Union receiving a copy of the tuition bill for the first full semester. A check will be made payable to the recipient and the college, university or vocational/technical school the individual is attending.